14 June 2011

Posted by Lisa-Marie Dutt |

Okay.. I posted a comment on a thread about long distance relationships a few moments ago and I now want to elaborate a bit more on what I said. I chose this song for this post because not only does it suit the idea of a long distance relationship, but it is also mine and my fiance's 'couple song' or whatever you would like to call it. That's the best description I can come up with that actually makes sense to me and it's been that song since we first got together.

Now.. because I am in a long distance relationship at the moment I felt the need to share some advice in regards to the question she asked. I won't give away too much as it's somewhat a personal matter even though it was posted on a public thread for other members to see. I can say this, she was feeling incredibly powerless in trying to understand her partners emotions and why he had reacted in such a way after she pressed on the matter of whether or not he missed her. It's difficult to determine exactly what the problem was but I offered the best advice I could seeing as me and my fiance tend to have the odd day of depression ourselves.

A long distance relationship will stay strong if you are sure to include the following, as with most relationships:
  • Love
  • Honesty
  • Trust
  • Respect
  • Loyalty
  • Balance
  • Support
  • Sympathy
Many people are in understanding that long distance relationships eventually fizzle out because the couple involved can no longer stand being so far apart. Whilst this may be true, did you ever believe that these people could have tried a little harder to make it work? I think like this. If you truly love someone with all your heart then you'll do what you have to do to make it happen. Whilst I can understand wholeheartedly how painful it is to hardly ever see your partner, you need to at least have the courage to face all of your loves boundaries otherwise it will never work out. Too many people end relationships over issues such as this and it saddens me when I think about it, it also makes me question how loyal and dedicate they are concerning other aspects of their lives. It is hard when you are in a long distance relationship but you need to gut it out and wait for the moment you can finally be together.

Anyway, I'm getting a little off topic here. This womans boyfriend, in my own opinion, was just feeling the strain of never being able to see her as much as he would like to. I understand this and so does my fiance as we go through the exact same thing at least once a week. It is awful knowing you cannot hold them in your arms and cuddle for hours on end, talking about everything you can think of to pass the time, never wanting to be away from them ever again. What I told her was exactly that, I explained that he must be feeling incredibly down over the distance between them both and it's becoming harder and harder as time goes by. Being that I know how she's feeling and how he is feeling I found it best to give as much help as possible to her so she could feel better about the situation.

Never give up on the one you love with your entire being, especially if they love you the same way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment