20 July 2011

Posted by Lisa-Marie Dutt |
I was drifting off into all kinds of thoughts and feelings earlier when I didn't have much to do to occupy my time. I began debating with myself on the subject of old memories and whether I prefer then or now.

A smile manages to reach my face when I think back on the wonderful childhood I had and all of the things I was free of, unlike now. Although I did enjoy my younger years due to them being ultimately stress free, I can't help but choose my life the way it is now. It's never been a subject I've thought about much before but today it sparked my interest and I just wanted to know which I prefer. I made that decision. I took into account everything I had then and everything I have now and decided on the now.

My choice was in favour of the people I have in my life now that I never knew before. If I were ever to be given an opportunity to go back in time and relive my life, I wouldn't do it. There have been hard times in the past that I wouldn't want to struggle through again, especially without my near and dear friends who came into my life only a couple of years ago. Some I'll admit I wouldn't mind dumping like a life preserver into the ocean that awaits them in this big, scary world. However, there are those friends I have made over the years that I'll always want to keep in my life and that fact alone is why I choose my life now as opposed to back then.

I want to know what your choice would be under those circumstances. If you were ever given the choice to go back and relive your childhood, would you do it if there was a risk of losing what you have/who you know now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment