12 July 2012

Posted by Lisa-Marie Dutt |
Everything I can remember about Rainbow Brite, Starlight and Twink all come from memories of one of my favourite video's as I was growing up. It was a birthday party special and featured a mini animated movie, as well as a group of kids with a lifesize Rainbow and Twink.

To this day, I still enjoy watching that video, though I can only find it online these days. I no longer have a video player around the house like I used to back in the day. That makes me sound really old. I'm not though ;) almost twenty one and feeling as young as the sprinkles on a cake. I say that because I've just thrown together a huge sponge cake and coloured its icing a pale pink, with added star sprinkles. This reminds me of Rainbow Brite too; just look at the image of her and those star sprinkles she uses to make wishes come true!

Wonderful memories they are, one's I will never forget for as long as I shall live. Starlight: the magnificent horse as he calls himself, will remain my favourite fictional horse of all time. I suppose most people would vote for Black Beauty in that sense, but to me it's always been the beautifully coloured, well-mannered and fun Starlight. I wish I was Rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment